Here’s another simple and delicious recipe that’s quick to put together. The combination of cream cheese and mozzarella cheese, complement each other very well. This is a mildly seasoned recipe so there is room to spice it up a little more if you like. I used Hunt’s pasta sauce in this recipe which in my opinion is mildly seasoned. The taste of the dish will vary depending on the brand of pasta sauce you use.
This is a great recipe to put together after work, or school, due to the short cooking time. Give this Italian Style Chicken with Peppers Recipe a try; you and your family will love it. Enjoy
- 16 ounces of pasta sauce (2 cups)
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
- 1 medium green pepper (finely chopped)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Using a microwave safe bowl heat the pasta sauce covered for about 3 minutes, or until hot, stirring about half way through the cooking cycle. Set aside.
- In a skillet using the olive oil cook the peppers over medium high heat until tender. Place the chopped peppers in a medium size bowl and mix in the cream cheese while peppers are still hot.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with cooking spray and arrange the chicken breasts in the bottom of the dish; salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of the breasts and then pour the preheated pasta sauce over the top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is done. (165F.)
- While chicken is cooking prepare the spaghetti sauce according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- When the chicken is done, remove the chicken from the oven, remove the aluminum foil, and top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese. Place the aluminum foil back over the casserole dish and let rest until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot over spaghetti or your choice of pasta.
Adapted from Taste of Home Magazine