The weather has cooled down her in upper Michigan and we were all in the mood for something a little different. This Bacon and Onion Pork Chop Recipe looked really good; we all agreed, and I decided to give it a try. This recipe will go on my favorites list. It was an excellent combination of flavors with not much prep or cooking time. I prepared the recipe as written and we all enjoyed it very much. The gravy is absolutely delicious and went very well with mashed potatoes. I also think this recipe would go very well with egg noodles-Give this simple Bacon and Onion Pork Chop Recipe a try, and enjoy
4 tablespoons butter
8 boneless pork loin chops
Salt & pepper to taste
1- 8 ounce package of mushrooms (quartered or sliced)
1/4 lb bacon (diced)
1 large onion (chopped)
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup beef broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 Preheat oven to 375°F and Grease a 9″ X 16″ dish.
2. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large skillet over high heat.
3. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
4. Brown chops 2 minutes on each side.
5. Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with quartered mushrooms.
6. Add onions and bacon to same skillet and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent and bacon is crisp, stirring frequently.
7. Add flour and paprika to skillet and increase heat to medium high.
8. Stir in whipping cream and broth, scraping up browned bits. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
9. Stir in tomato paste and salt and pepper to taste.
10. Pour sauce over mushrooms and chops.
11. Bake uncovered until chops are tender or internal temperature reads 145F, about 20-25 minutes.
Serve sauce over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.