Italian Spaghetti still carries a lot of weight in this house as a favorite supper dish. Call it comfort food or whatever you like; the fact is we seldom go a week without it. This week I went in search of a meatball recipe that was a little different; just wanting to change things up a little bit. When I saw this Baked Italian Style Meatballs Recipe I couldn’t believe how simple it was, but it made me a little nervous because the ingredients in the recipe called for chicken flavored stuffing mix. Well I had a box on hand and thought, why not give it a try; the end result was a moist and delicious meatball with an excellent blend of flavors that were a good match for the spaghetti sauce. The family really enjoyed this recipe and I will add it to my favorites list.
I prepared the recipe as is, but have not included any prep pictures because I did not think they were necessary-this Baked Italian Style Meatballs Recipe is a very simple recipe-just mix it altogether, form the meatballs, and bake. Enjoy
1. Package (6 oz.) Chicken flavored stuffing mix (stove top or store brand)
2 pounds ground beef
1-1/4 cups water
2 eggs (beaten)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine all ingredients and mix till well blended.
3. Shape into 24 (number really depends on how big you like them) meatballs, using about 1/4 cup for each. Place in single layer in foil-lined 15x10x1-inch pans.
4. Bake 20 min. or until done (160ºF).
5. Add to your favorite spaghetti sauce.
(I let this simmer in the sauce for about 15 minutes to blend some of the flavors)