This Baked Potato Casserole Recipe is delicious. This recipe would make a great side dish with chicken, pork or beef or a main meal. I used mild cheddar cheese in this recipe, but the choice is yours, I am sure what ever your preference is would work fine. My son was headed home from college for the week end, when I told him what we were having he decided to leave early enough to make dinner, when he tasted the Baked Potato Casserole he said, “ Wow this was worth the trip”. I guess that says it all. Enjoy
4 large baking potatoes
1 medium onions, chopped
1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese ( divided)
1/2 cup precooked crumbled bacon
Salt to taste
1 Teaspoon black pepper
1 Teaspoon garlic powder
Directions1. Boil potatoes with skins on till done, let cool then peel.
2. Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine soup and sour cream. Mix until well blended.
4. Combine potatoes, onion, soup mixture, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, bacon, and seasonings in a casserole dish with a lid.
5. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top.
6. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, remove cover and broil on low for about 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbling.