It had been awhile since we have had Mexican food so I decided to put this Baked Steak Burritos Recipe on the menu. This is a simple recipe to but together and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. The original recipe called for 12- 6 inch soft Tacos or fajitas, but I had some 8 inch on hand, so I decided to use them. This is a basic recipe that does have a little heat; but if you want to turn up the heat a little more just change the mild enchilada sauce to hot, or add some cayenne pepper to taste. When you are spreading the re-fried beans kind of eye them up a little bit so you don’t run out before the burritos are completed.
This recipe has a good blend of flavors and there is room to add some additional ingredients if you wish to do so. I prepared the recipe as written and it was really good.
The next time you want to put Mexican cuisine on the menu give this Baked Steak Burritos Recipe a try. Enjoy
- 1½ pound sirloin tip steak. (Thin sliced into strips)
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 can re-fried beans (16 ounce)
- 6 soft taco or fajitas (8 inch)
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 medium green onions (sliced)
- 1 can mild enchilada sauce (10 ounce)
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- Pre-Heat oven to 400F.
- Slice the sirloin steak into bite size thin strips. Melt the butter in a large skillet and cook the steak to your desired doneness. Just be for the steak is done stir in the taco seasoning mix. Drain if needed.
- Using a microwavable dish or sauce pan- using the microwave or stove top heat the refried beans until warmed. (I also slightly warmed the soft tacos in the microwave to make them easier to work with.)
- To make the burritos, using a spoon, spread the refried beans to about 1/ 4 inch from the edge of the wraps. Top with the beef strips, green onion and cheddar cheese. Roll up and fold in the sides.
- Place the burritos in a 13x9 baking dish, top with the enchilada sauce and sprinkle on the Mexican blend cheese; bake for about 10 minutes, or until burritos are heated through, and cheese is melted.