Due to inside pressure from the family I was forced to make cookies for the Holidays. It started with “we can’t have Christmas without cookies”. When I thought about it, they were right, so I decided to start with this Basic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. The local supermarket was running dark chocolate chips on special which I haven’t seen sold before, so I thought it was a great opportunity to give them a try. This is a basic Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and is about as simple as it gets-you are almost guaranteed perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies every time. If you are including cookies in your Holiday baking give this recipe a try; you and your family will love them for the Holidays. Enjoy
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375F.
1. In a medium size bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In a large bowl using an electric mixer, mix together the eggs, butter, sugars and vanilla; mixing until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the flour mixture in a little at a time mixing until thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop cookie dough one tablespoon at a time onto a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until cookies are slightly browned.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire cooling rack.
Makes about 5 dozen depending on the size.