In search of something different I came across this Beef Pot Pie Recipe and decided to give it a try. One dish dinners appeal to me because there is usually not a lot of cleanup afterward and most of them can be put together quickly. This is a great afterschool dish because it can be thrown together quickly and doesn’t require a lot of cooking time. You can have supper on the table in less than an hour. This recipe is pretty basic not calling for a lot of seasoning so you might want to season it to taste. I thought it was pretty good, prepared as written. When you pull the Beef Pot Pie out of the oven to put the finishing touches on it don’t be concerned of the biscuits are a little on the light colored side; they will darken up as the casserole finishes baking.
If you need a quick and simple one dish recipe, give this Beef Pot Pie Recipe a try. Enjoy
1 pound lean ground beef
1 can condensed beef with vegetables and barley soup (11 ounces)
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt or to taste
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
1 1/3 cups French fried onions (divided)
1 package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (7.5 ounces)
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. In a large skillet brown the ground beef in good size pieces, and drain if needed.
2. Mix in the soup, water, vegetables and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Then add in 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and 2/ 3 cups French Fried Onions.
3. Pour the meat mixture into a 12×8 casserole dish. Cut each biscuit in half and place them cut side down around the edge of the casserole.
4. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until biscuits are done and lightly browned.
5. Top with the remaining cheese and 2/ 3 cup French Fried Onions. Bake until cheese is melted and onions are golden brown.