Drop biscuits are so easy to make – and if you have the right recipe they are delicious. These Buttermilk Cornmeal drop biscuits require very little prep time, and bake quickly, so you can have them to serve with your dinner in 15 minutes or less.
Give them a try; they’re really good.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (chilled-i placed this in the freeze for a few minutes to get it good and cold)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar (I used Splenda in place of the sugar), baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl mix together the buttermilk and butter until clumps form. Mix the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients until just moist.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop dough ¼ cup at a time onto the paper about 1 ½ inches apart. Place on center rack of oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Place biscuits on a cooling rack for several minutes and serve warm.
Adapted from Cooks Country