Everyone was in the mood for Asian food but the closet Chinese restaurant is 30 miles away so we decided it was time for this homemade Cashew Chicken with Linguini Recipe. This dish has a little bit of heat incorporated into it, but it’s not too hot. There is not a lot of prep time involved and it is fairly quick to prepare.
The next time you’re in the mood for Asian food give this Homemade Cashew Chicken with Linguini Recipe a try; enjoy
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 cup cashews (plus extra cashews for garnish – optional)
- ½ cup green onions (chopped)
- 1pound uncooked linguini pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sherry wine
- ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- In a medium size bowl mix together all the sauce ingredients; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse. While pasta is cooking using the oil in a large skillet or wok cook the chicken until juices run clear and chicken is done; set aside on a plate (165F)(if using a wok you might need to cook the chicken in batches, use extra oil if needed)
- Pour the sauce into the now empty skillet or wok and cook over medium heat until heated through. Mix in the chicken and cashews and continue cooking until chicken is heated through. Add the green onion into the sauce and fold the mixture into the linguini.
- Serve hot
Adapted from Blogchef.net – click Here to view original recipe