It has been raining so much I haven’t had time to get much outdoor work done. There is a little bit of a break in the rain so I decided on this Slow Cooler Thai Pork with Peppers Recipe so I could get some work done while supper is cooking.
This recipe was prepared as written – I thought it was pretty good but the next time I would add the peppers to the pork mixture later in the cooking process so they don’t get over cooked. The original recipe called for red bell peppers, I used yellow, because that is what I had on hand. The red obviously would give the dish a little bit of color.
I you’re looking for a Slow Cooker Asian recipe give this one a try.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter (if you want to add a more nutty texture to the dish use chunky)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 cloves garlic (crushed and minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 red bell peppers (sliced into lengths) or what colors you have available.
- In the slow cooker mix together the chicken broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes until thoroughly combined; add the peppers (I warmed the slow cooker to help combine the honey and peanut butter)
- Work the pork chops into the slow cooker mixture.
- Cook for 5 -6 hours or until pork is tender. Remove pork from the slow cooker and when cool enough to handle shred with a fork. Add the pork back into the slow cooker and continue cooking until heated through.
- Serve over cooked rice
Adapted from allrecipes.com