If you’re tight on time here’s a delicious slow cooker recipe that has very little prep time.
I have a busy week scheduled and needed to free up some time so I turned to the slow cook. The chicken is moist, and the sauce is exceptional. I decided to serve this dish with hash browns and it turned out to be a perfect match.
It was just my wife and I for dinner, so I used 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of the 8 the recipe calls for – but I did not change the amount of sauce.
If you like chicken Marsala give this slow cooker recipe a try – it’s delicious.
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 – 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (depending on number you are serving)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cans portabella chunky style mushrooms (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup sweet Marsala wine
- ½ cup cold water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- Lightly spray slow cooker with cooking spray. Place oil in the bottom of the slow cooker and add the garlic. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and place them on top of the garlic and oil. Place the mushrooms over the chicken and pour in the Marsala wine.
- cook on low for 5 – 6 hours or until chicken is done. Remove the chicken to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until cornstarch is dissolved. Stir the mixture into the chicken juices, set the slow cooker on high, and continue cooking until mixture is thickened into a gravy. Add chicken back into the slow cooker and cook until heated through.
- Serve chicken topped with the gravy, and garnished with the parsley.
Adapted from Tablespoon.com