This Italian Chicken and Peppers Recipe is a simple and quick recipe to prepare. This is a great recipe for after work, or school. The original recipe called for chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs – I did not have the chicken thighs available, so I used the white meat, but I think the dark meat would be real good in this recipe.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 13/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite size pieces)
- 2 medium green peppers (sliced into strips)
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 24 ounces traditional past sauce
- ¼ cup white wine
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and set aside to keep warm.
- While spaghetti is cooking, in a sauté pan, or large skillet, using the oil over medium high heat cook chicken until browned on all sides. Reduce heat to medium, add the onions, green pepper and garlic, and continue cooking until vegetables are tender and chicken is done.
- Stir the pasta sauce into the chicken mixture, add the wine, reduce heat to a high simmer and continue cooking until heated through and bubbly.
- Serve the chicken and peppers over the spaghetti.
Adapted from: Campbell’s Kitchen