If you’re looking for a little bit of a different take on a Mac and Cheese give this recipe a try – the dominant flavor is definitely the Gorgonzola cheese, so you it with caution. This is a simple recipe that cooks on the stove top and utilizes deli chicken so it is fairly quick to prepare. To make preperation a little easier measure all ingredients into small containers so you have them ready to add as you prepare the cheese sauce.
This is a quick recipe so you can have supper on the table in less than an hour. Enjoy
- 1 whole rotisserie deli chicken
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Bone chicken into bite size pieces. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat - melt the butter. Slowly whisk in the flour until a paste forms. Continue stirring and cooking until golden brown. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook stirring constantly until mixture is thickened about 5 minutes, and then add the pepper. Cook about 1 more minute, or until mixture is smooth. Reduce heat to low and stir in the Monterey Jack, and cheddar cheese; cook until melted.
- Mix in the hot sauce and then fold in the chicken, macaroni, and Gorgonzola cheese.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com