If you like A1 steak sauce you have to give this recipe a try. This is a simple and quick recipe so you can have it on the supper table in less than an hour.
This recipe was adapted from A1, so I used their steak sauce, but I am sure any good quality steak sauce would work out fine. The original recipe did not have salt and pepper in the ingredients so I added them; but you might want to add the salt and pepper to taste especially if you are using a different brand of steak sauce.
The next time you’re looking for a simple and quick recipe give this Ground Steak and Cheddar Potato Pie Recipe a try; it’s really good.
- 1 pound ground round or ground sirloin
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup steak sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (hot – about 4 medium potatoes)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook and prepare the potatoes; and mash.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- While the potatoes are cooking in a large skillet over medium high heat brown the burger and onions in the olive oil until burger is no longer pink inside, salt and pepper to taste; and drain if needed. Add the steak sauce and continue cooking until mixture is bubbly and heated through. Place the meat mixture in the bottom of a 1 ½ quart casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Fold the shredded cheese into the mashed potatoes and spoon the mixture over the top of the meat.
- Bake 15-20 or until heated through. Serve hot.