I have never prepared Blondies before so when I saw this recipe I had to give them a try. These bars are very rich consisting of butter, brown sugar, with white and regular semi-sweet chocolate chips. They are very good and have a rich buttery flavor.
The next time you in the mood for sweet treats give this simple Blondies Recipe a try.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (unbleached)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans (roasted and coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with aluminum foil, and lightly coat it with cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl mix together the brown sugar and melted butter until thoroughly combined,
- and then mix in the eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just moistened.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and spread it out using a rubber spatula.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until surface is shiny, cracked, and is slightly firm to the touch.
- Set the bars on a cooling rack to cool. Remove the bars by lifting out the aluminum foil and slice to desired size.
Adapted from Baking Illustrated Cookbook