The temperature here in Upper Michigan reached a rare 41F degrees here yesterday, which brought a grilling opportunity I couldn’t resist; so I decided to put this Grilled Dijon Bacon Cheeseburgers Recipe on the menu. It has been a long cold winter with the temperature’s never getting above 40F so it was really nice to get out on the deck and do some grilling.
These Grilled Dijon Bacon Cheeseburgers are simple to put together, and all the flavors blend together very well. I almost skipped the onion sandwich rolls, but then decided to use them, and I was glad I did. They really add to the flavor of the recipe. It’s nice starting out the grilling season on a high note, and this Grilled Dijon Bacon Cheeseburgers Recipe did the trick for me. The next time you decide to fire up the grill, and burgers are on the menu, give this Grilled Dijon Bacon Cheeseburgers Recipe a try; it’s really good. Enjoy
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 4 onion sandwich rolls (split and toasted)
- 1 cup shuddered lettuce
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 slices bacon (Cooked and cut in half)
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat
- In a small bowl combine the cheese, onion, horseradish, onion and 3 tablespoons of mustard. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the burger, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard. (it’s a little messy but hands work best for this) Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill the burgers for about 5 minutes on each side, or to your desired doneness.
- Top each burger with the cheese mixture. Close the grill and cook until the cheese starts to melt. (this is also a good time to lightly toast the buns)
- To serve the burgers, start with the lettuce, followed by the tomato, then the burger topped off with the bacon.