For me it seems like good side dishes are always hard to find, especially if you need one that both young and old will enjoy. This Cauliflower Casserole Recipe is sure to please everyone at the dinner table; it is rich and creamy, cheesy and delicious. This recipe is simple, but does require a lot of cooking time, so you might want to prepare it ahead of time, or prepare your main course while the casserole is in the oven. I served this Cauliflower Casserole as a side dish, but if you are looking for a meatless dinner you could also use this as a one dish dinner, which would make it a good Lent, or meatless Monday recipe.
If you like Cauliflower giver this Cauliflower Casserole Recipe a try; you’ll love it. Enjoy
- 1 head cauliflower (medium size)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can of water
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese slices
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine (melted)
- ⅔ cup traditional bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Separate cauliflower florets – wash and drain. In a medium size sauce pan cook the cauliflower florets in lightly salted water to al dente. Drain.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray layer the cauliflower and cheese slices to form 2 layers.
- In a medium size bowl mix together the milk and mushroom soup; pour the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and melted butter and sprinkle the mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour or until bubbly and bread crumbs are nicely browned.