This Cheddar Baked Chicken Recipe is moist and delicious. The rice cereal and Italian bread crumbs give the chicken a good protective coating to hold the moisture in, and the cereal gives the chicken a nice crunch. I prepared the recipe as written, it doesn’t require many ingredients, and is very simple to put together.
If you looking for a simple, and quick recipe for after school or work, give this one a try it’s really good. Enjoy
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted - divided)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place ¼ cup butter in the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish or shallow roasting pan. (I placed the butter un-melted in the casserole dish to melt the butter while the oven was preheating)
- In a shallow dish whisk the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder together until well combined. (A pie dish works well for this)
- In another shallow dish mix together the bread crumbs, cereal, and cheese.
- In a bowl whisk the egg until lightly beaten and then mix in the milk until well combined.
- Roll each chicken breast in the flour until lightly coated, dip the chicken breast in the egg mixture, and then roll in the cheese mixture pressing firmly coat. Arrange each chicken breast on the bottom of the baking dish, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is golden brown with an internal temperature of 165F.
- Serve hot
Adapted from Allrecipes.com