There are many different recipes for chili in the recipe books. I guess this Chile con Carne Recipe is a little different because it incorporates some ingredients I don’t usually use. This chili recipe is a little time consuming because it does call for an hour of cooking time on low temperature. The seasoning and combination of peppers blend very well together creating chili that is a little bit on the hot side. If you like you chili seasoned hot; just change the salsa to hot instead of mild, and increase the amount of Jalapenos used in the recipe. For me the recipe was seasoned perfect as written.
Winter doesn’t want to give up in most parts of the country so a hot bowl of Chile tastes real good on a cold winter night-give this Chile con Carne Recipe a try, it’s really good. Enjoy
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cans kidney beans (15 ounces each)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 ounces)
- 1 jar mild chunky Salsa (16 ounces)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1-2 tablespoons Jalapenos (diced- canned or fresh)
- 1 can diced green chilies (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a large skillet using the oil brown the ground beef along with the garlic and the onion. Drain if needed.
- In a Dutch oven or large sauce pan combine the rest of the ingredients. Stir in the burger, onion, and garlic mixture. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to produce a low simmer. Cover, and cook for 1 hour.
- Serve Hot