If you like meatloaf this Chili Meatloaf Recipe is worth putting on the supper menu. This is a simple recipe to put together and doesn’t require many ingredients. I served this dish with deep-fried hash brown patties and it was really good.
If you looking for something a little different in a meat loaf recipe give this Chili Meatloaf Recipe a try. Enjoy
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder (divided)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl mix together ,using your hands, ⅓ cup tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons sugar, mustard, 1 teaspoon chili powder, parsley , dried onion, and salt. Form the meat mixture into a loaf and place in a 9 x 5 baking dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl mix together the rest of the tomato sauce with the rest of the chili powder and sugar; pour the mixture over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 55 or 60 minutes or until done. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.