This one dish Chili Spaghetti recipe is simple to put together and has a great combination of flavors. It is quick to put together so you can have supper on the table in less than an hour. This is a great after school or work recipe.
Give it a try; enjoy.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can spicy vegetable chili (18.8 ounces – you can also use any good brand of vegetarian chili)
- 1 can Italian stewed tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente; drain and rinse. Place cooked spaghetti in a 13 x 9 casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- While pasta is cooking cook the burger and onion in a large skilled until burger is no longer pink inside; drain any excess fat. Stir in the chili powder, tomatoes, 1 cup cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste; cook until heated through.
- Mix the chili mixture into the spaghetti and sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.