If a Chinese buffet is just a little out of reach for you make your own Chinese Honey Chicken at home.
I live about an hour away from the closest Chinese restaurant so when I saw this Chinese Honey Chicken Recipe on my sons cooking blog I decided to give it a try. This is a simple recipe that is quick to put together and it’s delicious.
The next time you’re in the mood for Chinese food give this one a try; enjoy.
To view the original recipe go to Blogchef.net.
- 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders cut into 1 inch pieces
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Batter Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- Ingredients for Sauce
- 1½ tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 3 tablespoons garlic (crushed and minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large bowl mix all the batter ingredients together until smooth; cover and let batter rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat deep fryer to 350F.
- Add the chicken to the batter tossing to coat.
- Deep fry chicken in batches until golden brown and batter becomes firm. Place on paper toweling to drain.
- For the sauce heat 1½ tablespoon of oil in a medium size sauce pan. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Mix in the water, salt, honey, and vinegar until well to combine. Mix together 1 teaspoon of cornstarch with 1 teaspoon of water until cornstarch is dissolved. Add the mixture to the sauce and cook for two minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Coat chicken with the sauce and garnish with sesame seeds.