There is nothing more delicious then the sweet taste of chocolate. Today there is so many recipes that just call for instant chocolate pudding, cooked is becoming a thing of the past, but there is something about cooked chocolate that takes it to the next level. Sweet, Smooth and delicious. I topped this with Meringue; but you also could use whipped cream. This is a very simple recipe with not a lot of prep time making this a terrific treat for upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday.
1 2/3 cups water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
5 tablespoons cocoa
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 egg yolks, beaten –save whites for Meringue
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells
1. Mix water and cornstarch and cocoa until smooth.
2. Sir in sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks.
3. Cook until thick in saucepan stirring constantly
4. Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Cool slightly (stirring occasionally).
7. Pour into baked pie shell.
8. For meringue; preheat oven to 400° and brown or top with whipped cream after chilling.