Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
With the holidays coming up I was real excited to be selected to do this post for Diamond Nuts. I don’t bake a lot of pies but the first think that came to my mind was a Pecan Pie. I added the pecans together with some semi sweet chocolate chips and the end result was delicious. This Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe has very little prep time, but does take a good 40 minutes to bake. I prepared the recipe as written just be sure to allow plenty of time for the pie to set and cool before serving. Also it is a good idea to cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil to keep the crust from becoming too dark or burning.
This Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe is simple and rich in flavor making it great for the holidays. If you’ve never baked a Pecan pie before; give this one a try, and enjoy.
2 unbaked 8 inch pie crusts
3 eggs (beaten)
1/4 cup sugar
6 Tablespoons butter (melted)
1 Cup light corn syrup
1 cup dark corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 Diamond pecans (whole or halved-your choice)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. In a large bowl mix together the eggs, 1/4 cup sugar, butter, light and dark corn syrup and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
2. Using a spoon fold in the Diamond Pecans and semi sweet chocolate chips.
3. Divide the mixture evenly between 2 eight inch pie crusts.
4. bake at 350 degrees till pies are firm, and crust is brown-about 40 minutes.
5. Let cool thoroughly before serving-top with whip cream if desired.
100 years of holiday traditions you just don’t mess with.
Classic family recipes call for a classic ingredient. Diamond of California nuts. The only nut good enough for your mom’s mom’s recipes is the only one that should be in yours. Diamond of California. Premium quality nuts since 1912.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Diamond of California via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Diamond of California