When I was looking around in the bakery department at the super market the other day I couldn’t believe the verity of different flavored breads they had available. I think the price they were getting amazed me even more. So instead of purchasing something like banana bread in the bakery I decided to go home and bake this Cinnamon Applesauce Bread Recipe. This is a simple recipe with very little prep time, but it does take about an hour to bake. There is also a good chance you may have all the ingredients on hand to prepare this recipe. The end result was a moist and delicious loaf of Cinnamon Applesauce Bread. Plus this recipe is low in fat and cholesterol.
The next time you have a craving for a sweet bakery treat give this Cinnamon Applesauce Bread Recipe a try. You’ll probably save some money and will have made a healthier choice besides. Enjoy.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ⅔ cup fat free milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1½ cups bran flakes
- 1¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bow whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate medium size bowl beat the egg, and then add the applesauce, brown sugar, oil and milk. Mix thoroughly to combine. Add the mixture to the flour and stir just until moistened. Then mix in the bran flakes and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a 9 x 5 loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 55 60 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for ten minutes, and then remove the bread from the pan to a wire rack to finish cooling.