I don’t use cornflake crumbs much, so when I saw this Crispy Baked Chicken Recipe I decided to give it a try. The recipe claimed it tasted like fried chicken except it was a lot healthier; because it was baked in the oven. I didn’t think it even came close to as good as the fried chicken I have prepared, but it was very good. The texture was very crispy, and it had really good flavor. This is a very simple recipe with very little prep time. The chicken turns out nice and juicy because of the crispy corn flake crumb coating. If you’re in the mood to try something a little different give, this Crispy Baked Chicken Recipe a try; it’s pretty good. Enjoy
1 cut up chicken (breast, thighs, legs and wings)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
Salt and pepper
6 cups cornflakes
2/3 cups buttermilk
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
3/4 teaspoons ground sage
1. Preheat oven using center rack to 475F.
2. In a wide bowl (I use a glass pie plate for this) season the flour with salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
3. Rinse the chicken in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Roll each chicken piece in the flour to lightly coat.
4. Place the cornflake crumbs in a reusable plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin and place in a wide dish.
5. In a medium size bowl large enough to dip the chicken pieces, mix together the buttermilk, mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika and sage.
6. Dip each piece of chicken in the butter milk bath, then roll in the cornflake crumbs to coat.
7. Arrange the chicken pieces on a shallow baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes at 475.F. then reduce the heat to 375 and cook for another 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked though and crispy. (Juices should run clear and internal temperature should be 165F)