1 teaspoon baking powder1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup black coffee
1/2 cup canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour two 9-inch pans.
4. In large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
5. Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla, beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
6. Pour into prepared pans.
7. Bake 30-35 minutes. Insert a table knife into the center. When it comes out clean the cakes are done.
8. Cool thoroughly before frosting. .
9. Frost with your favorite frosting.