I don’t usually use the word epic in a recipe but that’s exactly what my wife called this Breakfast Sandwich. It is a little sloppy to eat because of the sauce-but it’s delicious. This is another simple and good recipe that doesn’t require a lot of prep or cooking time. We were in the mood for something a little different for supper, so I put this Epic Breakfast Sandwich Recipe on the menu.
Don’t pass this one up give it a try it’s delicious and well worth the effort. Enjoy Adapted from cooks country magazine.
- 4 English muffins (split)
- 6 slices bacon (cut in half)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened for spreading)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce-or to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (mild)
- 1½ cups baby spinach
- 8 thin tomato slices (about 1 medium)
- Adjust oven rack to about 5 inches from the broiler element. Preheat the broiler for high heat. Butter the split side of the English muffins; place them on a cookie sheet split side up. Broil muffins until golden brown. Flip the muffins and cook on the other side until they start to brown. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayo and hot sauce - set aside.
- Using 2 small bowls crack 2 eggs into each bowl - set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a nonstick large skillet until crispy (I used a cast iron skillet which worked fine). Set aside on paper towels.
- Remove all the bacon fat except for one tablespoon from the skillet. Heat until the skillet starts to shimmer from the heat and poor in the eggs, one bowl on each side. Salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook for about 1 minute. Quickly place 3 slices of bacon over each egg, and then top each egg with ¼ cup shredded cheese. Cook covered until egg white is cooked and cheese is melted.
- To put it all together place each egg on an English muffin half, top each with 1/ 4 the sauce, spinach and then 2 slices of tomato; add the muffin tops and enjoy.