All the fruit ripened late here in Upper Michigan do to the cool summer we’ve experienced. As a result my raspberries are still not finished ripening so I decided to do a raspberry pie using fresh raspberries. I used fresh berries for this pie because I had them on hand, but I think frozen would also work out very well if you don’t have the fresh available. Top your Fresh Berry Raspberry pie with some whip cream and it doesn’t get much better than that.
If you have some raspberries on hand give this Fresh Berry Raspberry Pie Recipe a try it’s delicious. Enjoy
- Your favorite pie crust recipe for a double 9 inch crust
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/ 4 cup instant Tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of butter (cold)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the berries into a large bowl and gently mix in the sugar, tapioca, and lemon juice. Set aside and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with the pie crust and pour in the fruit mixture. Shave and arrange the butter over the top, and then cover with the other crust; sealing the edges.
- Cut several slits in the top crust to vent, and bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Cool and serve