The cherries are still coming on pretty strong so I decided to prepare another recipe using fresh cherries. I like this recipe because it divides Fresh Cherry Crisps into 4 separate individual servings using ramekins. This is a very simple recipe and pretty fast considering it does take a little bit of time to pit the cherries.
Top these Fresh Cherry Crisps with ice cream or whip cream and it doesn’t get much better than that. If you have some fresh pie cherries available give this Fresh Cherry Crisps a try; you’ll love them.
Adapted from: yummly
- 2 cups sour cherries (pitted)
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- in a medium size bowl mix together the cherries, white sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Spray 4 ramekins with cooking spray and divide the cherry mixture between the 4.
- For the topping in another bowl mix together the oats, ½ cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter. Spread crumbled mixture evenly over the cherry mixture in the ramekins.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.