Cooler Temps, preseason football, along with the schools getting ready to start, brought my attention to upcoming tailgate parties; so I decided on this Grilled Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Recipe.
Grilled bacon wrapped beef hot dogs topped with tomatoes, pickled jalapeno peppers along with some onions was a delicious combination of flavors. Just remember to pull the tooth picks. Enjoy
1 pound all beef hot dogs
10 hot dog buns
4 roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
1 onion (diced)
Jalapeno pickled peppers (sliced)
10 slices of bacon
Mustard (your choice)
1/4 cup Real Mayonnaise
1. Heat grill to medium heat.
2. Brush mayo evenly onto both sides of buns, then grill 1 to 2 min. on each side or until lightly toasted on both sides. Set aside.
3. Wrap 1 bacon slice tightly around each wiener, secure ends with tooth picks.
4. Grill 8 to 10 min. or until bacon is done and wieners are heated through, turning occasionally.
5. Drain on paper towels. Remove tooth picks.
6. Place bacon wrapped hot dogs in buns, and top with diced onion, tomato, and sliced jalapeno peppers.
Ketchup and mustard to taste.