The family has been putting some pressure on me to try some of the slider recipes. I choose this Italian Meatball Sliders recipe because in the past I had made pizza burgers, and I thought because of the pizza sauce in this recipe it would be very good. This is a simple recipe and not very time consuming. Within a half hour, you can have these on a platter in front of your family or guests. This is a small recipe so you might want to adjust to the size group you are feeding. This Italian Meatball Sliders recipe should feed 8, depending on the size meatballs you are making. If you are looking for a really good game day recipe; give this one a try.
1 tbsp Zesty Italian dry seasoning mix
1 lb ground beef
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, finely grated
8 slider size rolls, sliced horizontally
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine Italian Seasoning Mix with ground beef and salt.
3. Form the meat into 8 uniform size meatballs.
4. Place meatballs on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. (Internal temperature 160-165F)
5. Using a sauce pan heat the pizza sauce almost to the boiling point. (You want the sauce hot enough to melt the cheese when placed on the meatball)
6. Make the sliders by placing 1 meatball on each roll, then top with sauce and cheese.