1. 5-6 pound roasting chicken
2. 1 teaspoon olive oil
3. 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
3. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
4. 2 teaspoons dried thyme
5. 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
6. ½ teaspoon black pepper
7. ½ cup butter melted
1. Rinse chicken and cavity with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Rub the olive oil on the outside of the chicken.
3. Sprinkle with seasoning salt inside and out.
4. Place in a shallow roasting pan with ½ inch of water in the bottom of the pan.
5. Sprinkle with the rest of the spices and herbs evenly on the outside of the chicken.
6. Roast uncovered at 350 F for about 2 hours or until done. Basting every 30 minutes with melted butter and juice from the chicken.
7. Let the chicken set for about 30 minutes before serving.