There are so many different versions of Mac and cheese I don’t think I could ever try them all. This Macaroni and Cheese Chicken Casserole recipe looked pretty good so I thought I would give it a try. This recipe is creamy and smooth, and the red sweet pepper gives it nice color. This recipe is mildly seasoned so there is plenty of room to add additional seasoning to your taste. Because this recipe incorporates chicken into the recipe this Macaroni and Cheese Chicken Casserole Recipe makes a very good one dish meal. The next time you want to put Macaroni and Cheese on the table give this recipe a try. It is a simple recipe and you can have it on the supper table in about an hour. Enjoy
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups cubed American cheese
16 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
3 cups cooked chicken breasts (cubed)
1 medium sweet red pepper (diced)
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350F
1. In large pan, melt butter; stir in flour.
2. Add milk and chicken broth; stir until thickened and smooth.
3. Cook and stir for 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add the cheese; stir until melted.
5. In a large bowl combine the macaroni and all ingredients; mix thoroughly.
6. Pour into 9 x 13 baking dish.
7. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 40 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Garnish with parsley if desired