I usually try and shy away from making cheesecake because of the amount of worked involved; but there is one member of this family that loves them. So for his birthday, or for the Holiday season, at least once a year I will put a cheesecake on the menu. My son has made this New York Style Cheesecake a number of times and it was really good. So this year for Thanksgiving this is one of the desert dishes we had on the table.
This New York Style Cheesecake Recipe is a simple recipe with not a lot of prep time, but there is a lot of cooking and cooing time involved. So be sure you allow enough time for the recipe-it works very well if you prepare the cheesecake the day before so it can cool it good overnight before serving. For topping, you can top the cheesecake, with almost any type of fruit topping you like.
This New York Style Cheesecake Recipe is on my family’s favorites list and I’m sure if you give it a try your family and guests will love it. Give this one a try for the holidays and enjoy!
1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (crushed)
1/4 cup macadamia nuts (crushed)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
5 (8 oz) Packages of softened cream cheese
1 ¾ cup sugar
3 tablespoons of flour
2 egg yolks
1/4 heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
Preheat oven to 400F.
1. Combine the crushed graham crackers, macadamia nuts and cinnamon in a medium size bowl, then add and mix in the melted butter. Press the mixture into a 9 inch spring form pan coating the sides and bottom. (I went about half way up the sides)
2. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes-remove and let cool.
Increase oven temperature to 475F.
3. While oven is heating combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour, 5 eggs, and 2 egg yolks, and mix thoroughly. Then add the almond extract and heavy whipping cream and mix just enough to blend.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the graham cracker crust in the spring form pan. Bake at 475F for 10 minutes, decrease the temperature to 200F and bake for one more hour.
5. Shut the oven off and leave the cheese cake in the oven for an additional hour.
6. Remove the cheesecake from the oven. Allow to cool slightly then refrigerate overnight.
Serve with your favorite fruit topping