If you like pork and cabbage and are looking for a simple and good one dish dinner give this One Dish Baked Pork Chop Dinner Recipe a try. This is one of those recipes when I first looked at it I was really questioning how good it would be, but I like pork and cabbage, so I thought I would give it a try. This one dish dinner turned out to be a nice surprise. The pork chops turned out nice and tender and the cabbage was cooked perfectly. You could season this up a little more if you wanted to but I thought it was good just the way the recipe is written.
Give this One Dish Baked Pork Chop Dinner Recipe a try, it’s simple and good. Enjoy
- 4-5 boneless pork chops
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup milk
- 3 medium potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 can condensed cream of celery soup (un-diluted)
- 1 pound cabbage (shredded-I used a 1 pound bag of coleslaw mix for this)
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat brown the pork chops on both sides in the oil and set aside.
- In the same skillet add the onion and cook until translucent. Stir in the soup and milk being sure to scrap up the drippings from the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a 3 quart casserole dish, lightly sprayed with cooking spray, layer the ingredients stating with the potatoes, and then a layer of cabbage. Sprinkle each layer with flour, salt, pepper and some soup.
- Arrange the pork chops on top, cover and bake for 1½ hours.