1 1/2 teaspoons salt
oil (for frying)
1/2 cup cornstarch, plus
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon gingerroot, minced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon crushed hot red chili pepper
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 tablespoon rice wine
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons water
5 tablespoons sugar
5 tablespoons white vinegar
1 zest from 1 orange
1. Place chicken pieces in large bowl.
2. Stir in egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
3. Stir cornstarch and flour together. Place chicken pieces in large bowl.
4. Stir in egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well.
5. Stir cornstarch and flour together.
6. Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat.
7. Heat oil for deep-frying in wok or deep-fryer to 375 degrees.
8. Add chicken, small batches at a time, and fry 3 to 4 minutes or until golden crisp.
(Do not overcook chicken).
9. Remove chicken from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; set aside.
10. Heat wok 15 seconds over high heat.
11. Add 1 tablespoon oil.
12. Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry until fragrant; about 10 seconds.
13. Add and stir-fry crushed chilies and green onions.
14. Stir in rice wine.
15. Add Orange Sauce and bring to boil.
16. Add cooked chicken, stirring until well mixed.
17. Stir water into remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth and add to chicken.
18. Heat until sauce is thickened.
Serve over rice ( garnish with green onions optional )