When I saw this recipe it looked really good, so I thought it was a good chance to use my homemade wild cherry wine. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of prep or cooking time. I had a problem finding dried cherries so I used dried cranberries that had been infused with cherry juice which worked real well. When you make the sauce take your time so it cooks down good before you serve it over the chops.
If you’re in the mood for a dish that’s a little different give this Pork Chops with Wine and Cherry Sauce Recipe a try; it’s delicious. Enjoy
- 4 bone in pork rib chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallot (minced)
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ¾ cup port wine
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage (chopped)
- Pat pork chops dry with paper toweling and salt and pepper to taste on both sides.
- In a large skillet using the olive oil cook the pork chops until nicely browned, about 4 minutes on each side, continue cooking until done. (Internal temperature of 145F.)
- Remove the chops from the skillet and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Using the same skillet cook the garlic and shallots until shallots are tender. Stir in the port wine, vinegar, cherries, and sage. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer until sauce is reduced to about half. Mix in any additional juices left on the plate with the pork chops; serve the sauce hot over the chops.