I usually shy away from turkey chili because usually the right flavors just don’t seem to come together for me; this Quick Turkey Chili Recipe is an exception. This one will go on my favorites list. The combinations of flavors are delicious, the recipe is simple, quick, and doesn’t require that many ingredients.
It you like chili and want to get away from red meat, give this Quick Turkey Chili Recipe a try; you’ll love it! Enjoy
- 20 ounce package of ground turkey
- 2 cans diced fire roasted tomatoes (14.5 ounce cans)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup water
- 5 scallions (sliced with whites separated)
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can black beans (15 ounces drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips (plus extra for garnish)
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar for topping
- In a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat mix together the cooking oil, tomato paste, cumin and chili powder; cook until mixture darkens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the water and then add 1 teaspoon of salt, green pepper, and the white part of the scallions. Cook until green pepper is crisp-tender.
- Add the ground turkey and continue cooking, breaking turkey up with a spoon, until turkey is no longer pink inside.
- Mix in the tomatoes, chicken broth, and crushed corn chips. Cover and cook on simmer until mixture thickens. Mix in one half of the green part of the scallions (reserving the rest for garnish).
- Top with cheese, scallions, and sour cream. Serve hot with additional tortilla chips.
Adapted from Food Network Magazine