A little bit of work but so Delicious! The lemon zest and cream cheese -what a delightful combination. We used fresh purple raspberries out of our garden for this recipe. Any kind of berry or a combination of them would be very good. I doubled the recipe. This recipe makes 1- 16 0z shake or 2- 8 ounce shakes. This milkshake recipe is rich and delicious. I hope you enjoy!
1. 1 pound of fresh berries
2. 4 tablespoons of sugar
3. 3 tablespoons of jam. Match with the kind of berry you are preparing
4. 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
Directions for Fruit Preparation
1. In a bowl gently combine the berries and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Let them set at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Or until they start to soften and release the juice.
2. In a medium size sauce pan combine the berries and the jam. Cook over medium heat until slightly softened. Then coarsely mash the berries using a fork. Continue cooking on medium-high heat stirring regularly until the mixture thickens to jam like consistency. Should take about 20 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
4. Taste the mixture and add the last tablespoon of sugar if needed.
5. Let cool -then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This will keep up to 6 months if desired.
Time to make a Raspberry Cream Cheese Milkshake
1. 1/3 cup of the premixed fruit from the above fruit preparation.
2. ¼ cup whole milk
3. 3 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature.
4. 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest.
5. 1 ½ cups packed of vanilla ice cream
6. Fresh Berries for garnish
In a blender combine the prepared fruit, milk, cream cheese and lemon zest. Blend until slightly smooth. Add the ice cream and blend again until smooth. Top with fresh berries and enjoy!