The cherries are ripening faster than I can pick them and now the raspberries are ripening. I love strawberry shortcake but I like raspberry shortcake even better. To make this shortcake I used a mixture of purple and red raspberries and prepared the shortcake from Bisquick mix; absolutely delicious.
I you have fresh raspberries available give this Raspberry Shortcakes Recipe a try; it’s delicious. Adapted from Betty Crocker Bisquick.
- 4 cups raspberries
- ¼ cup sugar plus 3 tablespoons
- 1⅓ cups Original Bisquick Mix
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine (melted)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 425. In a medium size bowl mix berries and sugar together, and set aside in the refrigerator.
- In another medium size bowl mix together the Bisquick, milk, 3 tablespoons of sugar and the melted butter until a dough forms. Drop dough using a spoon onto a lightly sprayed cookie sheet. (I used a jumbo muffin tin for this)
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the biscuits are cooling, in a small bowl using an electric mixer, beat the whipping cream until peaks form.
- Slice the biscuits while still warm, fill with raspberry mixture and whip cream. Top with more whip cream and berries.