It seems strange I’ve been around a long time but I don’t remember preparing, or eating, a rhubarb cream pie. This pie is absolutely delicious.
It’s been a great year for rhubarb here in upper Michigan as a result of a lot of rain and some cooler weather so I took the opportunity to prepare this Rhubarb Cream Pie Recipe. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of prep time and sets up nicely. If you like rhubarb give this one a try; it’s delicious.
- 1 crust for a 9 inch pie shell (store bought or your favorite recipe)
- 1½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups rhubarb (sliced about ½ inch thick)
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl lightly beat the eggs and then mix in the sugar, flour, and nutmeg until well combined.
- Gently fold in the rhubarb. Place the pie crust into a 9 inch pie dish and pour in the mixture.
- For the topping combine the ingredients in a separate bowl to form a crumbly crumb mixture. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the pie.
- Bake for 40 minute or until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool thoroughly before serving