1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups milk
3 cups ham, cooked
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
5 cups potatoes, peeled and sliced
1. Melt butter in large sauce pan over low heat; blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
2. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Remove from heat gradually stir in milk.
3. Return to heat; cook until thickened and bubbly.
4. Fold in ham, onion, green pepper and cheese. Pour over potatoes in a large bowl.
5. Stir gently then move into a buttered 13X4-inch baking dish; cover with foil.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
7. and continue to bake for 1 hour or till potatoes are tender.
8. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.