I love good one dish meals. there is less clean up and they can be a real time saver. Bacon-wrapped chicken thighs with baby red potatoes, roasted with onions and herbs, a very delicious and simple dinner. I used chicken thighs in this recipe. I am sure any style of chicken pieces would work as well. I was a little nervous when I seasoned this recipe. In appearance it looked like the seasoning may have been to much. It was not. This roast chicken was excellent. Enjoy!
1. 12 chicken thighs
2. 12 slices center-cut bacon
3. 1 onion, coarsely chopped
4. 1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes
5. 2 tablespoons dried chives
6. 2 tablespoons dried basil
7. 1 tablespoon garlic powder
8. 1 tablespoon Adobo seasoning
9. 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
10. 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Wrap each chicken piece in a slice of bacon, trying to cover as much of
the chicken as possible.
3. Place the wrapped chicken pieces in a 9×13 inch baking dish, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle the onion over the chicken.
4. Push potatoes down into the spaces between the chicken pieces and around the edge of the dish.
5. Combine the chives, basil, garlic powder, Adobo seasoning, and black pepper in a small bowl, and sprinkle the seasoning over the chicken and potatoes.
6. Bake for 1 hour, until the bacon is crisp and brown and the potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and serve hot.