What a great combination. Baked Beans and boneless chops. there is little bit of prep time with this recipe, but still very simple. This makes a great one dish meal. The chops will just melt in your mouth and the beans are just delicious. Enjoy!
1. 8 pork chops
2. salt and pepper
3. garlic powder
4. 1 (3 lb) can pork and beans
5. 1 medium onion, chopped
6. 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
7. 1/4-1/3 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
8. 3/4 cup ketchup
9. 1/4 cup brown sugar
10. 1 pinch cayenne
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown the chops in a fry pan on both sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
3. Grease a Dutch oven or a oven-proof casserole dish (large enough to
hold the ingredients).
4. In a bowl mix together the pork and beans, chopped onion, chopped
green pepper, BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and cayenne pepper .
5. Layer HALF of the bean mixture on the bottom of Dutch oven.
6. Lay the pork chops on top of the bean mixture.
7. Top with remaining bean mixture.
8. Bake covered or uncovered for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until
the chops are tender (if you prefer a thicker sauce then bake covered
for half the time then finish baking uncovered).