When you need a quick and simple meal but don’t want to go the fast food route. This Simple Chopped Steak and Gravy Recipe is excellent. There is not a lot of prep time, it cooks fast- it is just delicious. Get as fancy with the chopped meat as you want to get. I used ground round on this recipe because that’s what was on sale. I am sure any type of lean ground beef would work. Enjoy
2 lb ground beef
1 medium onion sliced
16 ounces of fresh mushrooms sliced or 2 cans
1 cup breadcrumbs, finely minced
1/2 cup milk
1 package dry onion soup mix
2 ounce gravy mix, one envelope
1. Combine the beef, bread crumbs, milk, eggs and onion soup mix in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands. Shape into eight 3 1/2 inch patties, each about 1/2 inch thick.
2. In a large skillet brown the patties until golden brown and firmed up. Remove them onto a platter.
3. In the same skillet sauté the mushrooms and onions until the onions are translucent.
4. Place the chopped steak patties back into the skillet on top of the mushrooms and onions.
5. Place the brown gravy mix in a 4 cup or larger measure. Add the amount of water called for on the envelopes and whisk until well blended. Pour over the chopped steak patties.
6. Cooked covered until the patties are done.
Serve with Mashed Potatoes-Enjoy