We have made this recipe in our home for years. We had some relatives doing construction work here a number of years ago. It was starting to get late so I figured I should invite them to dinner. I needed something simple and quick. At a loss of what to have I decided on this simple Macaroni and Tomato recipe. When asked what we were having they looked at me kind of weird and said ok….
Later the one that looked at me kind of weird said “it’s amazing”. “What’s that” I said. “ That something simple can be so good.
I hope you Enjoy!
1. 1 ½ to 2lbs ground beef
2. 1 16 0z box of shell macaroni
3. 2 large cans of diced tomatoes (seasoned ) or plain. Your choice. I prefer the seasoned.
4. 1 medium onion (sliced)
5. Garlic Powder
6. Salt and pepper
You can pretty much season this to taste.
1. In a fry pan brown the burger and sliced onion.
2. Drain any excess fat.
3. Add the tomatoes and season to taste with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
4. Cook on medium heat till the onions are tender.
5. While the tomatoes are cooking, cook the macaroni.
Mix the two together and you are ready to eat.