This Simple Macaroni Ham and Cheese Cold Salad Recipe is a great summertime recipe. It’s quick to put together and doesn’t require many ingredients; just be sure to allow enough time for the salad to chill. This is a great side dish or can be used as a standalone dinner recipe. Enjoy
- 4 eggs
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 ounce ham steak (cubed)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 large shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimentos (drained)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Hard boil eggs and set aside to cool.
- While eggs are cooling cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place the elbow macaroni in a large bowl, slice or chop the eggs and add them to the macaroni, and then mix in the ham, celery, shallots, and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, pickle relish, pimentos, salt and pepper. Mix the dressing into the macaroni mixture and then fold in the shredded cheddar.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Adapted from blogchef.net