Lent is starting to wind down as we get closer to Easter. I found it hard to believe that I did not have a salmon patty recipe on my blog. I don’t make these very often, but when I do, it provides something that is a little different into the menu. Canned salmon is not usually one of my favorite ingredients but during lent meatless recipes are so frequent I like to try and mix it up a little bit. I found that the hardest part was figuring out a side dish to go along with the salmon. Other than that, this is a very simple recipe that doesn’t require much time or ingredients. You can have moist and good tasting salmon patties on the table in less than a half an hour. This recipe does call for crushed red pepper as one of the ingredients so if you don’t like a lot of heat be careful with the amount you use, or eliminate it all together.
So if you want to change your dinner menu up a little bit give this Simple Salmon Patty Recipe a try. Enjoy.
- 1 can pink salmon (14¾ ounces remove skin and any excess bones)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use vegetable oil)
- 1/ 4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, and then add and mix together all the rest of the ingredients except the olive oil.
- Form the salmon into patties.
- Using a large skillet over medium high heat fry the patties in the olive oil until golden brown on both sides and heated through.
- Serve hot.