I saw this Skillet Lasagna Recipe, and thought why not? So I gave it a try. I didn’t it like it as well as the oven made; but it was very good. If you are pinched for time, and are set on putting Lasagna on the table, this will work. I followed the recipe as written and even though it took a little longer to prepare than I thought, it was still a lot quicker. I think fresh mushrooms would also be very good in this recipe if you have them available. If you like Lasagna, give this Skillet Lasagna Recipe a try-serve with hot biscuits or garlic bread, and you’re family will love it. Enjoy- serves 4-6
1 lb lean ground beef
4 garlic cloves (minced)
1 green pepper (chopped)
1 medium green onion (finely chopped)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
6 ounces lasagna noodles (broken into 2-inch pieces 8 noodles)
24 ounces marinara sauce
3 cups water
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet along with the green pepper, onion and garlic.
2. Add the water, red pepper flakes, and salt. Bring to a boil. Then add the lasagna noodles and pour the marinara sauce over the top.
3. Cover and cook on a high simmer, stirring frequently until noodles are done. (Should take 20 minutes to 1/2 hour)
4. Remove from the heat; salt and pepper to taste, and then mix in 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the grated Parmesan cheese.
5. Dot heaping tablespoons of ricotta over the noodles, and then sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
6. Cover and let it stand till the cheese melts.
Garnish with Basil just before serving. (Optional)